We have so many options for fall and Halloween. The most popular, taking the internet by storm, is this one – based on the hilarious McSweeney’s article.
But there’s more! Available as kits and PDFs. Check the NEW page for all the latest.
And in PDFs:
Quite a collection! Get to it, time’s a wastin’!
I cleaned up and updated my custom and commercial page today. Here are a few of the jobs I’ve done for fun and profit.
1. Billboard designed and stitched for Shiner Beer’s first IPA, Wicked Ram.
2. Designed, stitched and framed work for Garden & Gun magazine, current issue.
3. Logo converted to pattern and stitched for Thrillist offices.
4. Orange Is The New Black phrase designed and stitched for Netflix social media.
5. Designed and stitched catchphrase from Broad City for a Bust magazine stitchalong. Featured in Viacom reel.
6. Designed and assembled tiny kits and stickers for subscribers of You Are Beautiful.
7. Designed, stitched and/or managed a series of tins for blueQ.
8. Designed and stitched book cover art for Heather Armstrong of dooce.com, a best seller!
9. Oops, there is no 9. Dang it.
10. Designed and stitched series of cross stitch patterns exclusive to DIY Network.
11. Designed and stitched cover art for Parade magazine!
There have been a few articles recently about cross stitch tattoos. I don’t even have a tattoo but these are tempting, don’t you think?
Great article from Yahoo DIY today about Needlepoint here.
You know, any of my patterns can be turned into needlepoint. For example, the two pillows above that Urban Outfitters produced a year or so ago — these came from cross stitch designs of mine. You can always add more in the foreground if you don’t want to stitch a lot of the same color background. Experiment, jazz it up! See what happens! And send me photos if you do. Happy New Year!
After my last post about Shannon Downey extreme cross stitching, I received this amazing photo and email from Kirsty G:
Good morning from the UK!
I’ve just seen the photo of the extreme cross sticher on Facebook and I thought I’d share my most extreme photo with you too. Obviously, great subversive cross stitchers think alike!
My husband is in the UK Military and is currently deployed. While he’s away I try and raise money for charity by doing silly things (it keeps me busy!). This year my friends have been setting me various challenges. I am currently in the middle of “50 photos of extreme cross stitching”. The photo attached is my most extreme so far. It was taken on the Falkland Islands (in the South Atlantic) last week and it’s next to a mine field.
Well…wow! I couldn’t wait to share with you, but I did because when I asked if she had more photos, she created this blog
to share more of her adventures with us! Go check out her amazing photos and all the extreme situations she managed to cross stitch in. And she’s doing it all for charity — if you donate to her cause
, you can suggest a new challenge for her! From the looks of the photos, I think she’s up for it! Way to go, Kirsty!
A few quick gift ideas for the stitchers or Subversive peeps in your life:
Gift Cards, available in many denominations!
PDF Gift Pack, PDFs at half price!
They can choose their own and take a year to decide.
Glittery buttons with smart-ass phrases to make them laugh.
Limited-edition iron on patch!
You can also send kits to the stitchers or stitch up a last-minute gift with our instantly-downloadable PDFs. There’s still time! Happy happy!